ICE-DIG received a Global Nomination.
To develop app that enables these hunters to make scientifically informed decisions that reduce their vulnerability to environmental hazards. This tool will:
Our challenge is to develop an application that enables hunters from Alaska
To make scientifically informed decisions that reduce their vulnerability to environmental hazards. This tool will:
The solution that we created is a cross-platform application that gives the hunter an accurate view of the area wish he is hunting in .
Our Intuitive and user-friendly application can help hunter with following ways:
- Full map of Alaska with notification ofthe climate change
- Full community support wish mean that users of our application can also create notification to inform other hunters of the climate change or other hazard event
- Geo location of the hunter in Alaska so the hunter can’t be lost
- Hunter can choose the path of his journey and check the alerts and alsoview and customize his own map
- Hunter can control the app via Voice Controller just by spelling some words.
- The ability to take image or recordaudio as additional informations .
- Sea-Ice Radar
- Scales map and zoom with ease
- Sea-surface temperature
- Sea-ice fraction
-Velocity of currents (if available)
In addition to that as we know that the hunter can’t use his hand properly duo to the gloves, so we have created a prototype called ice dig ,this prototype can measure humidity temperature brightness and gps coordinates in one click wish means that our data is a real time data so we can enhance the data that come from nasa
In the end ice dig is a low-cost product its pricing will be between 20 to 25$
- Arduino IDE
- Android studio
Boards & Sensors:
- Google maps
- RealTime weather informations